Our goal is to provide a service that allows you to read and write content as well as share your content with others. We respect the ownership of the content that users share and each user is responsible for the content he or she provides. Because of these principles, we do not actively monitor user's content and will not censor user content, except in limited circumstances described below.
Content Boundaries and Use of ScribeSlice
In order to provide the ScribeSlice service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with ScribeSlice. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make ScribeSlice a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the ScribeSlice service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others will be permanently suspended.
- Privacy: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Misuse of ScribeSlice Badges: You may not use a Verified Account badge or Promoted Products badge unless it is provided by ScribeSlice. Accounts using these badges as part of profile pictures, background images, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with ScribeSlice will be suspended.
Spam and Abuse
ScribeSlice strives to protect its users from spam and abuse. Technical abuse and user abuse is not tolerated on ScribeSlice.com, and will result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent suspension.
- Serial Accounts: You may not create serial accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the ScribeSlice Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- Username Squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than 6 months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created
- creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts
- using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties
- Selling user names: Unless you have been specifically permitted to do so in a separate agreement with ScribeSlice, you agree that you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the Services for any purpose, where "Services" is defined as follows: Your use of ScribeSlice's products, services and web sites (referred to collectively as the "Services" in this document and excluding any services provided to you by ScribeSlice under a separate written agreement) is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and ScribeSlice.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user's browser or computer or to compromise a user's privacy.
- Pornography: You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your profile picture or user background
Your account may be suspended for Terms of Service violations if any of the above is true. Accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be permanently suspended.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. Accounts under investigation may be removed from Search for quality. ScribeSlice reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.